Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Arachne


I am Arachne; I was a young woman from Lydia, sometimes I was a princess. My story was told throughout ancient Greece and it helped serve as a warning to all mortals to respect the gods. When I was mortal they used me like an art of weaving and the nymphs of the forest abandoned their jobs for looking at me, because I have a lot of talent. I wove beautiful fabrics of delicate designs, and the people began to admire my work. I had been taught by the goddess Athena. Athena was my teacher, but I think that I am better than she is in weaving. and “I have achieved this marvelous skill due to my own talent, hard work, and efforts." Bibliography

1. Nick Pontiks, “Myth Mans Arachne”, Arachne High Myths, http://www.thanasis.com/store/arachne.htm, Novembre 25 of 2007.
isabela giraldo the queen