Monday, November 26, 2007

Orpheus and Eurydice


Hi I am Orpheus, the best musician that ever lived, I love Eurydic, she was a Dryad, we married and had a perfect life, and we love each other. Eurydice expend a lot of her time playing in the fields, until one day that she trod on a deadly snake and died.
After this my friends thought that I most died because I was so unhappy, I diden't eat or even drink. Then I went to visit Hades, the god of the underworld, and plead for her life, I charmed the ferry man, Charon into corssing the river Styx, I charm Hades and he told me that Eurydice could follow me out of the underworld, but if I don't look back and look at her. I was doing very well, all way to Charon and very carefully, but I was just to arrived ad I looked back at her!. After this Eurydice was pulled back again for ever!
I LOST MY TRUE LOVE FOREVER!!!


Bibliography
http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Orpheus.html
Valeria Aponte R.