Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Persephone

I’m Persephone Goddes of the underworld. And today I come to tell you my story I am the daughter of Demeter, goddess of the earth and croops. She is responsible for the growth of plants and crops, I always helped her. And my father Zeus.

Pluto was so intense, he wanted to marry me and asked Zeus's my Dad permission todo it. My dad alwais avoided answering Pluto's request, however, knowing that he would never agree. One day, Pluto found me alone in the foresy, he kidnapped me and took my self down to Hades. As we entered Hades, we passed by Cerberus the three-headed dog who guards the doors of the Underworld to keep the dead from leaving ,it was very scary.

When my mom discovered that I was missing, she stopped taking care of the crops and began to search for her beautiful daughter me. The crops died. Eventually, she discovered that I was Pluto's prisoner in Hades. She pleaded with my dad suplicvate to release me. The gods also wanted him to convince Pluto to let me free, because the humans would have nothing to eat they would stay without any crops.

My dad ordered Pluto to free me, as long as she hadn't eaten any food in Hades. Just before he set me free, Pluto tricme and makes me eant some pomegranate seeds from his garden. Because I had eaten from Pluto's garden, I had to spend part of the year in the Underworld and part on earth with my mother.

So, every year when I am in the Underworld, mom is sad and lets the plants die. When I returns to earth, mom is happy and let the plants flower and grow.

by:sara botero villegas
http://www.loggia.com/myth/persephone.html