Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Europa


Hi! I am Europa, I am an earth woman, daughter of the king Agenor. I had been stolen by Zeus, the supreme ruler, the sky god. It was the day that I call my friends, who where all daghters of nobility and they where of my same age. That day we where gathering for some flowers at the beach and Zeus noticed us, specially me. Zeus appeared to us as a white bull, the most beautiful one, he smelled like flowers. He was so beautiful that all of us rushed to stroke it. That bull laid down in front of me and I slid on his back. Instantly he began to swim rapidly in to the sea from the shore. I saw that Nerids was riding dolphins, Triton blowing his horn, and even Poseidon juoin us, so I realised that that bull must be a god. I pleaded him to pity me. Zeus spoke me and explain me his love. He took me to Crete, an Island, and he promised that my sons woul be famous, and he was right my sons are: Minos I and Rhadamanthus.




by: Irene Mejia R.