Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hi my name is Midas!!



I was the king of Phrygia. I ordered free Silenus that was sleeping in my vineyard. He was very grateful and so was the god Dionysus who offered me whatever wish I wanted, I liked to be a very rich man so I asked him that anything I touched I converted in gold, that’s why I am known as “Midas touch”. I was very happy so I started to turn almost everything in my palace into gold.

One day I was taking my daughter to her lessons about garden but accidentally I take her of his hand and transform her into a gold statue. I understand know why Dionysus told me if I was sure of this wish, so I went to him and asked him if I could take this magic of. He told me that I needed to wash in the river Pactolus. I washed and the magic was away. Then I started to throw all the things I turned into gold there.


Alejandro Arango L 9a