Monday, November 26, 2007

HADES


Hi I am Hades the god of the underworld and the god of wealth due to the precious metals mined on earth (That’s why they some times call me “The rich one”). I am also called often Dis. When Zeus overthrew our father Cronus, me and my brothers (Zeus and Poseidon) started seeing how we would share the world. I ended up being the god of the underworld because I had the worst draw. I am one of the six Olympians and my mother is Rhea. I’m also the god of the death, but not of death it self. I mean of all the death people. I rarely leave the underworld. Everyone that dies go to the underworld but only the most evil are punished. I am a very greedy god and I am really concerned about increasing my subjects. I am also unpitying and terrible but I’m not capricious. In the underworld the Erinnyes are welcome. When people arrive my territory, once there they cannot leave my domain with the exception of some such as Herakles. My wife is called Persephone which I abducted. The narcissus and the cypress are sacred to me.
I have a helmet which makes me invisible. I appear in stories such as in the called “The abduction of Persephone”, in “Hades in the Iliad” and in “Hades in the Odyssey”.


BY: ISABEL LONDOÑO MARULANDA 9A